Energy Services Manager
At WPPI Energy, we embrace core values of collaboration, respect, service, integrity and competence. They are what guide everything we do – from how we support our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of this special culture that has earned us recognition as one of the Greater Madison Area’s Top Workplaces in 2021, 2022 and 2023. WPPI Energy is currently seeking a relationship-oriented individual to deliver our customer programs and other outreach initiatives for the public power utility in Kaukauna, Wis.
As a member of our nationally recognized team of account management, engineering, customer service and marketing professionals, you will:
- Apply effective business acumen to build important customer relationships with residential, commercial, industrial, school, and municipal energy users.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to promote the locally owned, not-for-profit public power brand throughout the community.
- Use problem solving insights to help electric customers understand where they use (and waste) energy and find ways they can control their electric costs.
Candidates will preferably have:
- A four-year degree in an applicable field such as natural or environmental sciences, engineering, applied mathematics, or another related field.
- Account management or customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to exemplify the organizational values of WPPI Energy (collaboration, respect, service, integrity and competence) and Kaukauna Utilities (safety, customer service, leadership, engagement, trust and continuous improvement).
- A strong interest in clean energy solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A record of active community involvement.
Depending on background and experience, the successful candidate may participate in a four- to six-week onboarding program at our office in Sun Prairie, Wis., before fully transitioning to the utility office in Kaukauna.
WPPI Energy is proud to provide our staff with a flexible and employee-friendly work environment. In addition, we offer competitive pay and an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short/long-term disability, life insurance and access to the State of Wisconsin Retirement Plans (WRS, a traditional pension, and WDC 457). Additionally, we provide paid sick leave, vacation, holidays, parental leave and educational reimbursement, along with professional development opportunities, wellness programs and more.
WPPI Energy is a not-for-profit, regional power company serving 51 locally owned electric utilities. Through WPPI Energy, these public power utilities share resources and own generation facilities to provide reliable, affordable electricity to 200,000 homes and businesses in Wisconsin, Michigan’s Upper Peninsula and Iowa. Together, WPPI members have built a diverse, competitive, and responsible power supply. They share modern technologies and forward-thinking services, and they speak with a unified voice for effective energy policy advocacy.
WPPI Energy is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. WPPI is committed to maintaining a strong, forward-looking organization, employing a diverse workforce that operates in an inclusive environment, fosters collaboration and values different viewpoints. Our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for helping member utilities accomplish reliable, affordable and responsible electricity. We support an inclusive workplace where employees excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability and job performance.
To apply, please visit: wppienergy.org/about-us/careers/.