Distributed Energy Resources Interconnection Workshop
Friday, March 3, 2023
WPPI Energy, In-person (virtual option available)
Sun Prairie, Wis.
9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
WPPI member utilities located in Dane County are encouraged to join us for a workshop on best practices in distributed energy resources interconnection. WPPI recently compiled a guidebook for member utilities experiencing growth in customer-installed solar PV projects. This training will put context to the guidebook and offer recommendations on usage. Electric Superintendents, CSRs, CBRs, Meter Technicians, Substation Technicians and member community Electrical Inspectors can all benefit from attending this session.
- Basics on solar PV and storage technologies and how the energy generated impacts the customer bill
- Recommended best practices for handling solar PV and energy storage interconnection applications
- How the interconnection process touches different utility departments
- Proper NorthStar billing system setup
- How the National Electrical Code (NEC) guides interconnection methods – featuring Bill Neitzel, Wisconsin Chapter of IAEI Education Chair
- Methods for testing completed projects
8:45 a.m. Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Meeting
11:45 a.m. Lunch
12:30 p.m. Questions & Wrap-up
1:00 p.m. Adjourn
Contact Eric Kostecki firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 834-4549