Utility Engineering Intern
Sun Prairie, Wis.
WPPI Energy is seeking a Utility Engineering Intern to assist the energy services team collecting and recording complete data sets from application materials for distributed energy resource projects installed in member communities. This paid intern position will provide a great opportunity to gain experience working in corporate office and field environments with a team of professionals. This intern position will also be supporting the advancement of clean energy projects and other utility initiatives.
What you will do in this role:
- Collaborate with others on the energy services team to request, collect and archive distributed generation interconnection records.
- Create a spreadsheet-based database for cataloging and reporting customer-owned distributed generation interconnection details.
- Review interconnection application materials (paper, email, or other electronic information sources) and enter selected data into database.
- Other duties as assigned could be within the Service & Business Strategy department or in another department.
Qualification and skills we are looking for:
- Students working towards an engineering, renewable energy system, or similar degree.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel.
- Read and/or be familiar with electrical distribution terminology.
- A valid driver’s license is preferred.
WPPI is a member-owned, not-for-profit organization serving 51 locally owned electric utilities. Together, WPPI members have built a diverse, competitive and responsible power supply. They share modern technologies and forward-thinking services, and they speak with a unified voice for effective energy policy advocacy. WPPI Energy was named a Top Workplace in the Madison area for the third consecutive year in 2023.
WPPI Energy is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. WPPI is committed to maintaining a strong, forward-looking organization, employing a diverse workforce that operates in an inclusive environment, fosters collaboration, and values different viewpoints. Our employees are people with different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds, who share a passion for helping member utilities accomplish reliable, affordable and responsible electricity. We support an inclusive workplace where employees excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
To apply, please visit: wppienergy.org/about-us/careers/.