Settlements Analyst I
Sun Prairie, Wis.
Here is your opportunity to work for one of the Greater Madison Area’s 2023 Top Workplaces and be part of our excellent company culture! WPPI Energy is proud to provide our staff with a flexible, employee-friendly work environment, with hybrid work options available. In addition, we offer competitive pay and an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short/long-term disability, life insurance, and access to the State of Wisconsin Retirement Plans (WRS and WDC 457). Additionally, we provide paid sick, vacation, holidays, parental leave, and educational reimbursement, along with professional development opportunities, wellness programs, and so much more!
WPPI Energy is seeking a professional, organized, and reliable individual to join our Finance Department as a Settlements Analyst I. In this role, you will perform independent reconciliation and verification of bills and invoices to facilitate the issuance or receipt of payment and accounting for all of WPPI Energy’s power supply related purchase and sale transactions.
As a member of our finance team, you will use your accounting and problem-solving skills to:
- Perform sub-hourly, hourly, daily, weekly and monthly independent reconciliation and verification of bills and invoices, as applicable, to facilitate the issuance or receipt of payment and accounting for all of WPPI Energy’s power supply related transactions.
- Develop, monitor and maintain various shadow settlement tools and related support documentation.
- Perform technical use of WPPI Energy’s scheduling and settlement software as a service platform.
- Assist with the appropriate accounting of power supply related costs and revenues.
- Assist with the preparation and review of power supply related invoices and perform end of the month checkout for the System Operations Center (SOC).
- Assist with preparation of WPPI Energy Electric Quarterly Reports in compliance with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assist with performing and maintaining the reporting of WPPI Energy’s renewable energy credits within the applicable tracking system.
- Monitor power supply related transactions to ensure compliance with counterparty credit limits, authorization requirements and other aspects of WPPI Energy’s Power Supply Risk Management Policy.
- Adhere to and apply Midcontinent Independent System Operator, Inc. (MISO) and PJM Interconnection, LLC (PJM) tariffs, business practices manuals and counterparty contracts to support settlement production activities for validation and correction of market transactional data ensuring timely and accurate settlement.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Bachelor or technical degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
- Some industry experience and/or related training is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required in order to operate and use company and personal vehicles for company business.
Skills we are looking for:
- Read and interpret documents and contracts related to power supply and corporate financial information.
- Write reports and provide ad hoc data as required.
- Computer systems, word processing software, spreadsheet software, Windows-based software, and copy machines.
- Learn, understand and monitor rules, procedures and business practices related to the settlement of WPPI Energy’s power supply related transactions under organized wholesale electric markets.
- Apply settlement, market and system knowledge to the day-to-day function of this position.
WPPI is a member-owned, not-for-profit organization serving 51 locally owned electric utilities. Together, WPPI members have built a diverse, competitive, and responsible power supply. They share modern technologies and forward-thinking services, and they speak with a unified voice for effective energy policy advocacy.
WPPI Energy is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. WPPI is committed to maintaining a strong, forward-looking organization, employing a diverse workforce that operates in an inclusive environment, fosters collaboration, and values different viewpoints. Our employees are people with different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds, who share a passion for helping member utilities accomplish reliable, affordable, and responsible electricity. We support an inclusive workplace where employees excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
To apply, please visit: /about-us/careers.