Administrative Assistant – Services & Business Strategy
Sun Prairie, Wis.
Here is your opportunity to work for one of the Greater Madison Area’s 2023 Top Workplaces and be part of our excellent company culture! WPPI Energy is proud to provide our staff with a flexible, employee-friendly work environment, with hybrid work options available. In addition, we offer competitive pay and an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short/long-term disability, life insurance, and access to the State of Wisconsin Retirement Plans (WRS and WDC 457). Additionally, we provide paid sick, vacation, holidays, parental leave, and educational reimbursement, along with professional development opportunities, wellness programs, and so much more!
WPPI Energy is seeking a professional, organized, and reliable individual to join our Services & Business Strategy Department as an Administrative Assistant. In this role, you will provide administrative support to the entire Services & Business Department, including directly supporting the Senior Vice President – Services & Business Strategy.
As a member of our strong team of administrative professionals, you will use your time management and organizational skills to:
- Enhance efficiency of the Senior Vice President by reading and routing correspondence, drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information, initiating communications, managing calendar, making travel arrangements, and preparing and submitting expense reports.
- Provide administrative support to department staff, including facilitating registration for training and conferences, making travel arrangements, processing contracts, preparing and submitting expense reports, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Coordinate and produce departmental invoices, purchase requisitions and check requests; coordinate departmental supply orders, and special purchases.
- Coordinate, set up, and clean up department meetings and other events.
- Provide backup administrative support to other departments and department admins as needed.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- One year certificate from college or technical school.
- Six (6) months of related experience and/or training.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) certification through the International Association of Administrative Professionals or similar certification a plus.
WPPI is a member-owned, not-for-profit organization serving 51 locally owned electric utilities. Together, WPPI members have built a diverse, competitive, and responsible power supply. They share modern technologies and forward-thinking services, and they speak with a unified voice for effective energy policy advocacy.
WPPI Energy is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. WPPI is committed to maintaining a strong, forward-looking organization, employing a diverse workforce that operates in an inclusive environment, fosters collaboration, and values different viewpoints. Our employees are people with different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds, who share a passion for helping member utilities accomplish reliable, affordable, and responsible electricity. We support an inclusive workplace where employees excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
To apply, please visit: wppienergy.org/about-us/careers.