Public power utilities maintain strong connections to the citizens, businesses and organizations they serve. In addition to the hometown service they provide, WPPI Energy members donate staff time and make modest financial donations in their communities.
WPPI Energy support for these efforts includes:
- Assisting with economic development
- Administering community relations funds, which fund scholarships, contributions to non-profits and charitable groups, economic development contributions and events for customers
- Fostering community education through a central speakers bureau
- Encouraging energy education through National Theatre for Children performances
- Sponsoring teacher education through the K-12 Energy Education Program (KEEP)