WPPI Energy is seeking a customer-focused, technical professional to serve our member utilities and their customers. As a Metering and Billing Representative at WPPI Energy you will solve meaningful, complex problems in utility billing. As part of the Business and Technology Solutions team, you will directly impact the way customer-owned utilities care for their customers.
- With the help of our training, you will learn how to efficiently utilize customer care, metering, and billing software to meet the challenges faced by utilities.
- You'll learn the details of how and why the software works the way it does and use this knowledge to solve complex problems and determine the best solutions.
- You will be responsible for the continued success of several utilities, guiding them and making recommendations to meet their goals, ensuring that they realize the full potential of the software.
- You will build relationships with utilities during calls and onsite trips. Utilities will rely on you as their technical expert, improving efficiency for utilities and service to customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, MIS/CIS, Economics or other related field is preferred. Candidates with Certifications and/or Associate’s Degrees in addition to equivalent experience will be considered.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills.
- Technical aptitude
- Customer service oriented
- This position is located out of our Sun Prairie, WI office and relocation to the Greater Madison area is required.
- Ability to travel as-needed; periodic in-state and regional travel is required. This includes day trips as well as occasional overnight trips.
WPPI Energy is a regional power company serving 51 locally owned, not-for-profit electric utilities. Through WPPI Energy, these public power utilities share resources and own generation facilities to provide reliable, affordable electricity to more than 200,000 homes and businesses in Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and Iowa. WPPI Energy is an equal opportunity employer. We offer exceptional benefits and competitive wages. We are growing to meet the needs of a rapidly changing industry, but we are still small enough to offer flexibility and opportunity. WPPI Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at https://wppienergy.org/AboutUs/JobsatWPPIEnergy.aspx or send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
Attn: HR/ MBR
1425 Corporate Center Drive
Sun Prairie, WI 53590-9109
No phone inquiries please.
View the complete job description
Apply for this job online