WPPI Energy is seeking a Desktop Support Analyst I to provide desktop support and end‐user application support. The ideal candidate will have an associate’s degree related to Information Technology and/or equivalent experience. They will also have an excitement to learn and build experience in this entry‐level position. Communication and teamwork are vital. This position is part of a team and interacts with system administrators and network engineers. The team works together to provide excellent service to
end users and maintain a reliable and well performing system. The team also provides an array of applications in order to allow the business to achieve its strategic objectives. This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting team and use your skills in a versatile role using a wide spectrum of technologies and tools.
What you will do in this role:
- Provide first line support via telephone, e‐mail, or in‐person to internal and external users.
- Provide workstation and laptop support to users of WPPI Energy’s internal and external supported networks.
- Administer active directory and email groups
- Research and provide network and equipment cost proposals to member utilities requesting information for new purchases.
- Provide technical assistance for printers, scanners, and copiers
Skills we are looking for:
- A degree in computer systems, business information systems or related field.
- Strong knowledge of personal computers, Windows operating system and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with end users with a positive and cheerful attitude.
- Ability to follow up on support requests and prioritize tasks to get the most important ones done first.
WPPI Energy is a regional power company serving 51 customer-owned electric utilities. Through WPPI Energy, these public power utilities share resources and own generation facilities to provide reliable, affordable electricity to more than 200,000 homes and businesses in Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and Iowa. We offer exceptional benefits and competitive wages. We are growing to meet the needs of a rapidly changing industry, but we are still small enough to offer flexibility and opportunity. WPPI Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at https://wppienergy.org/AboutUs/JobsatWPPIEnergy.aspx or send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources/Desktop Support Analyst I
1425 Corporate Center Drive
Sun Prairie, WI 53590-9109
No phone inquiries please.
View the complete job description
Apply for this job online