Lake Mills Light & Water – Apprentice Lineworker
Lake Mills Light & Water (LML&W) is accepting applications to fill an open position in the electric utility for an Apprentice Lineworker. This is a full-time position for a hard working person with the ability to help the utility accomplish the diverse duties associated with the operation, construction, and maintenance of overhead and underground electric power facilities.
LML&W is a busy, progressive utility serving more than 3,500 customers. The person filling this position must be willing to make a long-term commitment to serve the utility’s customers.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent,
- Have successfully completed at least one year of electric power distribution education at a certified educational institution, or be able to enroll in a certified electric power distribution apprenticeship program,
- Have a valid driver’s license and have, or be able to obtain, a CDL license within six months of hire,
- Understand and follow all safety rules, practices, and procedures associated with high voltage electric work, and
- Have the ability to perform strenuous physical labor and heavy manual tasks (e.g., climbing poles and working safely on above and below ground energized lines).
This position will require the applicant to serve on-call duty on regular intervals, with the ability to respond to after-hour emergencies in less than 30 minutes. Excellent internal and external communication skills, an attitude of teamwork, and a commitment to community service are necessary.
Applicants must pass a physical and drug and alcohol screening prior to hiring. Reference and background checks will also be conducted prior to hiring.
LML&W offers competitive wages and benefits. LML&W does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected class.
Applications will be accepted until 4 p.m. on Friday, February 24, 2017. Resumes must accompany applications. Complete application materials must to be sent to Misty Quest, City Clerk, Lake Mills Municipal Building, 200 Water Street, Lake Mills, WI 53551. Applications are available at the Lake Mills Municipal Building, the LML&W office at 155 Industrial Drive, or online at www.lakemillslw.org or http://www.ci.lake-mills.wi.us
Public Works Director - City of Menasha
The City of Menasha, Wis. (population 17,442), invites applications for the Public Works Director position.
About the City of Menasha: Menasha is located in the growing Fox Valley region of northeastern Wisconsin. It is an attractive, high-quality-of-life city at the intersection of the Fox River and Lake Winnebago. Its downtown has been redeveloped with docks on the river. Menasha enjoys excellent schools and parks. See www.cityofmenasha-wi.gov, including the video, for more information.
About the Position: The Public Works Director is responsible for the successful operation of the Menasha Public Works Department, including: engineering, streets, sanitation, fleet, bridges and sewer and storm water utilities. The director will lead thirty employees and department interns. An ideal candidate will possess technical knowledge, strong leadership and management skills, vision for the future, ability to manage multiple projects, proven success in collaborating with others and excellent oral and written communication skills. This position is confirmed by the City Council and reports directly to the Mayor. The director exercises independent judgment, initiative and discretion over all public works functions.
Salary: $85,535-$104,450 and attractive benefits
Education and Certification Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and certification as a registered professional engineer in the State of Wisconsin. Continuing involvement in professional development programs is expected.
Experience Requirements: Experience in civil engineering and public works, including knowledge of and experience in the following areas: public works construction and operations, materials purchasing and management, equipment purchasing and management and principles and practices of civil engineering as applied to municipal public works, municipal utilities and applicable laws, codes and regulations. Storm water engineering and construction experience is highly desired. Experience as a department director, assistant director or senior project lead in a public agency of appropriate size and complexity is preferred.
Essential Position Duties:
• Plans, organizes and directs the programs and activities of the Public Works Department
• Supervises, directly and indirectly through supervisory personnel, public works design, construction, maintenance and operations
• Administers construction contracts
• Works with other city employees, Menasha Utility employees, city officials, community partners and other municipal and state officials in coordinating engineering and public works activities
How to Apply: Please send cover letter, résumé, professional references and salary history to Public Administration Associates, LLC, P.O. Box 282, Oshkosh, WI 54903 or email@example.com. Application closing date is March 5, 2017.