Are you an engineer with power generation experience who is looking to apply your abilities to a wide range of challenges? Would you welcome the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the operation
and maintenance of a fleet of power generating facilities? If so, WPPI Energy is seeking an individual like you to keep our generating facilities operating safely, efficiently and economically.
As a member of small team responsible for a diverse set of power generating facilities, you will apply your technical and problem‐solving abilities to:
- Provide ongoing analysis of power generating facilities to keep costs down, availability high and operational risks low.
- Assist in the engineering, management, estimating, and oversight of generating facility maintenance and improvement projects.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling, cost estimating, and direction of generating facility outages.
- Provide engineering support for the planning, scheduling, analysis, development and implementation of potential new generation projects.
Qualified candidates will preferably have:
- A four-year degree in engineering.
- Prior technical experience in the power industry.
- Experience with gas turbine generating facilities.
- Wisconsin certification as an Engineer in Training or Professional Engineer is a plus.
WPPI is located in Sun Prairie – a rapidly growing city located just north of Madison, Wisconsin. Our employees are provided with an excellent work environment as well as an exceptional benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Short and Long‐Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance as well as access to the State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan (WRS) which is a defined benefit plan (pension plan). In addition, we provide paid sick leave, paid vacation days, paid holidays, educational reimbursement, professional
development opportunities, wellness programs and so much more. We continuously evaluate our compensation program to ensure our employees are paid a highly competitive wage. We are growing and evolving to meet the needs of a constantly changing industry, but we are still small enough to offer work‐life balance, flexibility and opportunity to grow within the organization.
WPPI Energy is a not‐for‐profit, regional power company serving 51 locally owned electric utilities. Through WPPI Energy, these public power utilities share resources and own generation facilities to provide reliable, affordable electricity to 200,000 homes and businesses in Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and Iowa. WPPI Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at https://wppienergy.org/AboutUs/JobsatWPPIEnergy.aspx or send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources - Generation Engineer
1425 Corporate Center Drive
Sun Prairie, WI 53590-9109
Apply for this job online